Thursday, May 7, 2009

Abba Father, I Cry Out

*Disclaimer* This particular post has nothing to do with hating God or losing my faith. It is just a girl having a David moment before her Almighty Creator.


God I am struggling to understand what is going one here. It seems like the waves just keep pounding down on me and my family. Each time we have managed to get back on our feet, but it is not long before the next wave comes crashing. Honestly what is it that you want us to learn. We have bent our knees, we have been broken, we have looked to You and yet here we stand again. I just wish I could understand the lesson you are trying to teach us.



And really it is not fair. It seems like so much pain has been directed toward my family in a few brief months, but here we are again the sting from the last blow barely subsiding. I know that life is not meant to be fair. I know that You never give us more then we are able to bear. I know that through suffering we are sharpened. I know that You will provide and that we do not need to worry. I love that Your love for us is so great and so enveloping. I know, I know, I know. Yet, I am still questioning why. My human side is questioning the logic and reasoning. Why do we need to go through one more thing? Haven't we proven our faithfulness or is it the other way around haven't you shown Your faithfulness to us more than enough times? Father just help me make sense of it all.



Abba Father my heart and soul cry out to you. In this time of heartache where else can I go? Fill my heart with your peace again. Give my soul rest in the uneasiness of this time. Spread your love and mercy like a wildfire through my family. Let my cries for them be heard and not fall on deaf ears. For their sake and not my own do I cry to You. I know you will never leave us or forsake us. So to your feet I fall Precious God. Carry this burden while we are weak and trodden on. Build us up in ways only You can. Give us strength to rise once more. And walk with us till we hurt no longer. Mighty is Your Name and Awesome is Your Power. In You alone do we place our trust, our faith, our hope now and forever.

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment